Monday, June 06, 2005

 

Its a Gas

There are times I go to the gas station and the last thing I want to do is talk politics. As I looked at the price...something hit my mind. An image. Of gas prices skyrocketing. Yes. There seems to be a new disaster special on FX. Guaranteed to continue to make you frightened of you own shadow. It was on my mind when this older man showed up.

"Excuse me are you proud of that sticker?" this older man said. He was wearing those sunglasses I see all the time. The ones that darken your vision from all sides because the ozone layer is so weak nowadays.

Knowing that I am in Oro Valley I am certain this is going to be a confrontation. I live in an area where the people are convinced that GWB is doing right by them. They are not, however, the upper 5 % of our country. They watch MSNBC and Fox News and are convinced that Kerry was and still is evil. They are not getting what they want and do not care.

I respond with "I am convinced we are going toward a facist society. Have a nice day."

And I leave him in the dust.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?